Full-time • New Berlin
Nature of Work:
Works as a part of a team to perform a variety of duties needed to enter and process weekly union multi-state payrolls. Investigates and solves payroll and associated problems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties listed below may vary in terms of importance and other duties may be added or eliminated as this position develops.
- Receives, verifies, and enters employee time
- Manages employee data in the payroll system including set up, layoffs, and terminations.
- Works with managers to ensure hours are coded and paid correctly.
- Processes payroll, prints checks, runs reports, and posts to appropriate accounts.
- Compiles monthly union reports and calculates payments. Verifies all information is correct and submits detail to union funds.
- Responds to unemployment agencies, banks, and other 3rd party requests to verify employee information in a timely and professional manner.
Required Competencies: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 3 years’ payroll entry and processing experience including garnishments, child support, and GL coding, with at least 2 years of experience in a union environment.
- Demonstrated analytical thinking and problem solving capabilities
- Above average understanding and ability to use MS Office
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Comfortable placing and answering phone calls
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- All of the work will be performed in an office setting
- Hours are Mon-Wed, 7:30AM – 4:30PM; Thurs, 7:30AM-2:30PM; and Fri, 7:30AM-4PM.